In this post:
- About membership – some of the changes
- Recent price increases to membership
- Renewals coming up (for some members) – what you can do
Over the past few years, there have been some changes to the way that membership works at Sutton Tennis & Squash Club.
Originally, membership ran for a fixed year from April until the end of March. So if you joined in September, you paid less and then renewed for a full year in April, along with everyone else. Memberships were all one year.
The first change was that memberships ran from ‘the date of purchase’. So if you joined on 15th June, your membership ran until 14th June the next year.
The next change was that the option to pay monthly was introduced, but only for memberships costing over £100. However, when we introduced this option, those memberships were still one year, expiring and needing to be renewed after a year.
Recently, things have evolved a bit further. Needing to renew monthly memberships was inconvenient for the members and for us to manage. So monthly memberships are now ‘rolling’, which means they do not ever need to be renewed. Occasionally, the price of the monthly payment will go up, which you’ll be notified about, and there are some terms and conditions to discourage members from stopping and starting the membership often.
What does this mean for you?
The only down side is that if you are currently paying monthly for your membership, unless you joined fairly recently, your membership will still expire after a year. This is because you were put on the one-year membership and this cannot be changed.
If you receive an automatic message from our membership software, Clubspark, prompting you to renew your membership, it will put you back on the same type of membership again, which will again last for a year and need renewing.
So the preferred option is not to follow this automatic renewal process but to let your membership expire and start a new one. The way to do this is by going to clubspark.lta.org.uk/suttontennissquashclub/Membership/Join – you will see that most of the membership categories have a ‘monthly’ or ‘annual’ option (excluding categories costing less than £50). By choosing the monthly option, you will go onto the rolling monthly membership and renewals will be a thing of the past!
If you have any problems with any of the above, contact Club Manager, Karl Stowell at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0208 643 2940, and he will guide you through the whole process.
What can you do if your membership renewal is coming up?
Many members are due to renew at the end of March. Here is what you can do:
If you’re not sure when your membership expires
Contact Club Manager, Karl Stowell at email@example.com or 0208 643 2940, and he will let you know.
If your membership does not have a monthly payment option
- Social membership
- Mini squash
- Mini tennis
- Under 8
- Uni Student Membership
These are simple. Please pay any time from now. You can see all the prices a the bottom of this post. You can pay at the bar of the club or you can make a bank transfer to Sutton Tennis & Squash Club, sort code 230580, acc. no. 27733883
In either case, please let Karl know that you have paid and he will renew your membership from the correct date.
If your membership is more complicated, e.g. involving several family members and discounts
Contact Karl on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0208 643 2940. These memberships can still be set up as a rolling monthly payment, but it will need to be set up manually.
If you are paying monthly, but it is expiring soon and you may have received a renewal email from Clubspark
The preferred option is not to follow this automatic renewal process but to let your membership expire and start a new one. The way to do this is by going to clubspark.lta.org.uk/suttontennissquashclub/Membership/Join – you will see that most of the membership categories have a ‘monthly’ or ‘annual’ option (excluding categories costing less than £50). By choosing the monthly option, you will go onto the rolling monthly membership and renewals will be a thing of the past!
The above only works for simple memberships. For families, please contact Karl to set up on email@example.com or 0208 643 2940
2019 Membership Prices
Prices have gone up by approximately 2%. This will apply to everyone who renews or starts a new membership from this point forward. For those paying a rolling monthly membership, the price increase will not happen until approximately 6 months from the date of joining.
- Adult Tennis (26+) – £337 | £30 per month
- Adult Tennis Midweek – £240 | £22 per month
- Adult Tennis Off Peak (midweek pre 5pm) – £184 | £17 per month
- Young Adult Tennis (18-25) – £154 | £14 per month
- Uni Student Tennis (must be in full time university education, living away from the area during term and only able to play for 20 weeks of the year ) – £85 per year
- Junior Tennis (11-17) – £92 | £8.50 per month
- Mini Tennis (8-10 years) – £46
Squash & Racketball Memberships (all include both)
- Adult Squash (26+) – £240 | £22 per month
- Young Adult Squash (18-25) – £127 | £11.50
- Junior Squash (11-18) – £54 | £5
- Mini Squash (8-10) – £32
- Adult Tennis & Squash – £413 | £37 per month
- Young Adult Tennis & Squash (18-25) – £189 | £17 per month
- Junior Tennis & Squash – £107 | £10 per month
- Mini Tennis & Squash – £54 | £5 per month
- Under 8 Tennis & Squash – £26
Social Membership – £37 per year
- For adult couples who are both full playing members of tennis or squash, there is a 12.5% discount off the total cost.
- Where an adult is a full playing member of tennis or squash, there is a 25% discount off junior memberships.
- Discounts are available for families. Please contact the Club Manager on 0208 643 2940 or firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Discounts need to be manually applied, so please contact Karl before signing up.
In addition to contacting Karl with any questions or comments, please comment below.