Welcome to adult tennis membership
Welcome to Adult Tennis membership at Sutton Tennis & Squash Club. This page gives you lots of information about your membership, but you can also contact Club Manager, Karl Stowell with any questions.
Contact Club Manager to arrange a FREE taster session
You will receive a swipe card, which is used to gain entry through the side gate when the clubhouse is closed, and a membership card. This card will be at the bar or with the Club Manager. Please pick it up when you come to the club.
Your membership entitles you to full use of the courts from early morning to 10pm, and the clubhouse whenever open, including TV, table tennis, pool table and changing rooms.
Your membership / bar card
Your yellow membership card entitles you to members’ prices at the bar. You can also put credit onto your account, meaning that you only need your card (or even just your name if you forget your card) to pay. Ask at the bar about this.
Bringing guests to the club
Members can bring guests to play tennis, who pay a guest fee of £5 (adults), £3 (11-18 years) and £2 (under 10). Please sign in your guests at the bar or with the Club Manager. A guest can play up to 5 times per year. There is no charge for guests to use the clubhouse and bar, but we recommend Social Membership for anyone who would like to come to the club regularly.
Benefits of Membership
- Free mix-in sessions on Saturdays from 2pm and Tuesdays from 6pm for intermediate players upwards (contact Karl if unsure of your level).
- Free mix-in sessions for advanced players on Thursdays from 7pm
- Saturday morning 9.30am team practice for competitive players
- Annual summer club tournament
- Tennis lessons are discounted for members. See the range of tennis lessons in the coaching section above or contact Karl
- Full use of the tennis courts
- Full use of the clubhouse, changing room, bar, pool table (50p per play), dart board and table-tennis table
- A range of coaching sessions and events
- Social events
- Receive regular communication from the club
Using the Floodlights
Floodlights cost £4 per hour. Simply top up your floodlight card (which you can get from the bar or manager) at the bar with credit. Then insert your card into the floodlight machine in the conservatory (next to the coffee machine). You can then switch the lights on for the amount of time that you require (in 15 minute increments).
Currently, tennis courts can only be pre-booked for organised sessions such as mix-ins, coaching, club matches and events. However, you can see what is booked on the courts at www.suttonbookings.com – you can also see on the whiteboard in the conservatory which courts are booked. Most of the time, there are courts available whenever you come to the club. There may be rare occasions, at peak times, when the courts are full, in which case there is a system to put your name on the whiteboard to wait for a court. Instructions are on the board.
Please contact Club Manager, Karl Stowell any time for help with any aspect of your tennis.