Singles League Rules
Your fixtures must be completed by the end of the year.
The fixture list is shown on the league itself.
- Don't wait for someone else in your group to contact you. Just get on and contact your opponents and try to play as many matches as possible.
- Anyone who does not respond to contact about matches may be withdrawn from the event.
- If you are unable to arrange or play your matches, maybe through injury, illness away on holiday or unable to make contact with your opponent then you must inform Steve Bentley at email@example.com or 07584 220363.
When both players are able to play at off-peak times (midweek daytimes), please try to do so. When this isn't possible, then go ahead and play at peak times - if we can spread matches across the day it will make life easier and avoid court availability issues.
The default rules are:
- Two standard sets with a championship tie break decider if all square(first to ten, two clear)
- The sets will be sudden death deuce(ie: if the game gets to deuce, the next point decides the game). Returner chooses the side in this situation. And there will be no service net calls - you have to play on!
- If you both agree then you can play an alternative of the above (must be at least two sets with some form of decider). Please consider Fast4, which is a quick and exciting format. See www.lta.org.uk/play-compete/getting-started/adult-tennis/fast4-tennis/
- Cost of balls and lights to be split between both players.
- Four points for a 2-0 victory
- One point for a 2-0 defeat
- Three points for a 2-1 victory
- Two points for a 2-1 defeat
- Three points for a ‘no fault’ walkover
- No points for an ‘at fault’ walkover
Once your match is completed please write the results on the sheet in the conservatory.
How to write your score
In the example above, player B was the winner against player A. Player C was the winner against player D
Please note that we have several young players under 18. Match arrangements should be made with their respective parent/guardian.
See the November / December leagues below and the results from September / October.
November / December Leagues