Sutton Tennis & Squash Club is available for hire for a range of functions. Recently, those have included birthday parties (excluding 18th or 21sts), christening celebrations, wakes, fund raising evenings, functions for companies and other organisations.
The club has a nice, friendly, local feel to it, probably more suited to functions which are going to be fun and laid back.
All about hiring STSC
We offer maximum of 80 people for a sit down meal, otherwise 150 people standing.
About the area
It is a tennis, squash and social club with a licensed bar and catering facilities. There is a full stage suitable for bands and other acts, and a dance floor. Contact Karl Stowell, Club Manager, on 07976 547239 or manager@stscsport to arrange to come along to look at the club.
There is a hire fee, which does not include additional items such as food. Hire cost is as follows:
- Saturday night - £350.00 (reduced to £250 if you use the club to provide your food)
- Other times (e.g. Sunday afternoon, weekday evenings) - £150 (reduced to £100 if you use the club to provide your food)
- Children's birthday parties on Saturday or Sunday afternoons (up to 3 hours) - £150 (reduced to £100 if you use the club to provide your food).
- Weekday afternoons (Wakes / Corporate Meeting etc) £50.00 for up to 3 hours
- For members who have been here longer than 6 months, there are discounts to the hire cost in some cases, at the club’s discretion.
- With all bookings of £100+, social membership of the club is included.
Food & Drink
We can cater for your event, offering a finger buffet from £7.50 per head up to full sit down meal. Please contact our catering manager Adam Melius at firstname.lastname@example.org or 07818589504.
If you would like to provide your own food, you are welcome to do so, with the following conditions:
- It must be self contained - no need for a kitchen, cutlery, refrigeration, washing up facilities. We would ask that you clear away everything afterwards.
- All alcohol must be purchased on the premises
- Soft drinks must also be purchased on the premises. However, in some cases, you may be allowed to bring your own as part of the hire cost. An example of this would be a children’s birthday party.
Decorating & entertainment
You are welcome to come in before your event to decorate as you wish. We have trestle tables available for events requiring more seating, and table covers available for an additional £20. You can hire DJ / band / other entertainment as you wish (but we can recommend some).
This is 12 midnight, with doors closing at 12.30am.
Our clubhouse is not dual-function - in other words, we don't have a separate area for functions away from the rest of the clubhouse. This means that, officially, the club is always open to members. During your event, members of the club could use the bar and other areas of the club as usual. In practice, this doesn't tend to happen very much, but it is worth being aware of.